On Saturday last [June 28th], the Andover Branch of the above Guild held a combined meeting with the Newbury Branch of the Oxford Guild at Highclere, which was a great success, thirty-three members attending from the following towers: Brightwalton, Bucklebury, East Ilsley, Highclere, Newbury, North Stoneham, Overton, Ringwood, Thatcham, Titchfield, Winchester and Woolton Hill.
The bells were set going at three o’clock, with a service in the church at 4.30, which was conducted by the Rev. Chilton Tomkins in the absence of the Rector, Rev. G. B. Dunlop, who was unfortunately away.
An excellent tea was very kindly provided by the Rector, and was greatly appreciated by the members, who wished to convey a vote of thanks to him, and regret that he was unable to be present with them.
A short business meeting followed, with Mr. G. Williams, Master of the Guild, in the chair, Mr. R. Rex acting as secretary, in the absence of the branch secretary, who was unfortunately unable to attend.
It was proposed by Mr. H. Curtis that a return meeting should take place at Thatcham in August, which was agreed. After votes of thanks the members returned to the Highclere tower and then to Woolton Hill for further ringing until nine o’clock. During the day the following methods were rung: Grandsire and Stedman Doubles and Triples, Bob Minor and Major and Cambridge Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1006, July 4th, 1930, page 426