NEWBURY AND ANDOVER BRANCHES FRATERNISE.
A joint meeting of the above Guilds was held at St. Mary’s Church, Thatcham, on Saturday, August 16th, when forty ringers were present from Reading, East Ilsley, Oxford, Overton, Bramley, Mortimer, Woolton St. Lawrence, Croydon, Newbury, Brightwalton, Woolton Bassett, Swindon, Shaw, Bucklebury, Beenham, Highclere, Beedon, Winchester, and the local band. Service was conducted by the Vicar (the Rev. R. C. Moore), who gave a very interesting address. Mr. J. G. Fyfield presided at the organ. Tea was served by Mrs. Adams, and Mr. H. W. Curtis proposed a hearty vote of thanks to the Rev. R. C. Moore for his address and welcome to the ringers, which was seconded by Mr. W. Andrews, of Winchester, and carried with applause.
The tower was again visited, and the bells kept going till nine o’clock, the following methods being rung: Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Plain Bob and Cambridge Major. It was worthy of note to see so many visitors from so far away.
The Ringing World No. 1015, September 5th, 1930, page 569