A very successful quarterly meeting of the Alton District was held at Blackmoor on September 22nd, when about thirty members and friends attended from Blackmoor, Bramshott, Binsted, Selborne, Winchester, North Stoneham, Fareham and Portsmouth, with Mr. J. H. Shepherd, of Swindon.
During the afternoon and evening, touches in various methods were rung both at Blackmoor and Selborne churches.
A splendid tea was enjoyed in the Church Room, and the business meeting which followed was presided over by Rev. F. G. Eyres, supported by Rev. B. C. Taylor (district secretary), Mr. G. Williams (Master), Mr. F. W. Rogers and others.
It was decided to hold a quarterly meeting at Ropley, on November 11th, and the annual district meeting at Alton on February 9th, 1929.
The Selborne band applied for an instructor, and Mr. Reed very kindly offered to do what he could, with the Blackmoor ringers to help him.
It was decided to invite Lord Wolmer to become a life member of the Guild.
The meeting closed with the usual votes of thanks.
The Ringing World No. 917, October 19th, 1928, page 666