The annual meeting held at Alton [Feb. 14th] was not very largely attended, but this was probably to be accounted for by the general prevalence of influenza and also by the fact that the Guildford District’s postponed meeting was being held on the same date. The chairman (Rev. F. G. Eyres) presided, and the company of twenty-four included Mr. George Williams (Master), the Vicars of Alton and Binsted, Mr. Wilfrid Andrews (Winchester), Mr. G. Pullinger (Bishopstoke), Mr. and Mrs. R. Hasted (Farnham) and other ringers from Blackmoor, Farnborough, Privett and Ropley.
The election of officers resulted in the re-election of those already serving, viz.: Chairman, Rev. F. G. Eyres (Blackmoor); hon. secretary, Rev. B. C. Taylor (Binsted); hon. auditor, Rev. T. N. R. Griffin (Alton); representative on Central Committee, Mr. W. Read (Blackmoor).
The hon. secretary’s report for last year showed that the membership of the district is: Hon. members 6, full members 21, unattached 1; but there are good prospects of these numbers being increased in the near future.
The Ringing World No. 1041, March 6th, 1931, page 150