The quarterly meeting at Privett on June 25th was largely attended, there being about 46 present, including the Master (Mr. G. Williams), Mrs. Williams, Mr. F. W. Rogers (General Secretary), Mr. W. Andrews (Winchester), Mr. and Mrs. F. C. Bayley and Mr. R. Hasted (Farnham), the places represented being Blackmoor, Alton, Privett, North Stoneham, East Meon, Petersfield, Swanmore, Overton, Winchester, Aldershot, Farnham, Portsmouth, Titchfield and Bath. The Guild Office was read by the Vicar of Privett (Rev. W. P. Putt), who also gave an excellent address, which was much appreciated. Mr. and Mrs. Putt very kindly entertained the party to tea in the Vicarage garden, and the short business meeting which followed was also held on the lawn.
In the absence, through ill-health, of the Chairman (Rev. F. G. Eyres), Rev. W. P. Putt presided. Three hon. members and three performing members were elected, and the next meeting was fixed for October 22nd at Binsted, and the annual meeting at Alton on February 11th.
Mr. Rogers spoke of the necessity of increasing the circulation of ‘The Ringing World,’ and his remarks were supported by the Master.
After the vote of thanks to the host and hostess and also to the organist, which Mr. Williams proposed, had been carried with applause, a few touches were rung on the handbells, and a good many of the party returned to the tower again.
The Ringing World No. 1111, July 8th, 1932, page 456