The first quarterly meeting of the Alton and Peterefield District was held at Blackmoor on Saturday, April 28th. Members were present from Alton, Bramshott, Blackmoor, Fareham, Petersfield, Privett, Steep and Wickham. The bells were kept going to the standard methods until 4.30 p.m., when the Guild's service was conducted by the Vicar of Blackmoor (the Rev. F. G. Eyres), who gave an interesting address based upon the tuning of church bells. Tea was served at 5p.m. in the Parish Room and the usual business meeting followed. About 30 members attended.
The company were invited by Lord Selborne to look over the grounds of Blackmoor House, and, after enjoying the beauties of nature for an hour or so, ringing was resumed until late in the evening.
The Ringing World No. 1207, May 11th, 1934, page 301