A quarterly meeting of the Alton and Petersfield District was held at East Meon, Hants. Members were present from Blackmoor, Bishopstoke, East Meon, Fareham, Hawkley, North Stoneham, Privett, Petersfield, Portsea, Soberton, Steep, Wickham and, in addition, one unattached and one compounding member from Milland. The bells were rung throughout the afternoon and evening to Grandsire Doubles and Triples, Stedman Triples, Bob Major and Cambridge Surprise Minor.
The Guild's service was held, at which the Vicar of East Meon (the Rev. C. H. Mylne) officiated and gave a short but inspiring address.
Tea was provided at the George Inn, to which 31 sat down. The business meeting followed, the district chairman (the Rev. F. G. Eyres) presiding.
The company stood in silence as a mark of respect to the late captain of the Alton band, Mr. W. Perry, who died very suddenly several weeks ago.
Three ringing members from Blackmoor (Messrs. E. Amey, G. Hall and W. Amey) were elected.
The next quarterly meeting was fixed for July 25th, to be held at Binstead. An evening meeting was fixed for June 3rd at Blackmoor.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar of East Meon for the use of the bells and his address, also to Mr. Harris, who officiated at the organ and to the caterers.
The Ringing World No. 1312, May 15th, 1936, page 321