A quarterly meeting of the Alton and Petersfield District was held at Froyle. Among those present were Mr. G. Williams (Ringing Master), Sir C. J. Hubert Miller, Bart., the Rev. C. H. Sangster (Vicar of Froyle) and members from Alton, Blackmoor, Froyle, Petersfield, Steep, Soberton and North Stoneham. There were also visitors from Ash, Bramley, Pirbright and Sandhurst, 28 altogether. The bells were rung in the afternoon to the standard methods, and the Guild's office was conducted by the Vicar, who gave an interesting address.
Tea was provided at the Shrubbery House by kind invitation of Sir Hubert Miller, and the usual business meeting followed.
In the absence of the district chairman (the Rev. F. G. Eyres), Sir Hubert was voted to the chair. Several apologies for non-attendance were received.
The next meeting was fixed for November 7th at Binstead.
Mr. A. Brownjohn applied, on behalf of the Froyle ringers, for an instructor to assist them in the winter months, and Mr. A. Hardiman kindly consented to undertake to visit the tower when possible.
Votes of thanks were accorded to the Rev. C. H. Sangster and the organist, also to Sir Hubert Miller for his kind hospitality.
Sir Hubert afterwards personally conducted the party round his gardens and grounds, and the members later returned to the tower for further ringing.
The Ringing World No. 1330, September 18th, 1936, page 609