A joint quarterly meeting of the Alton and Petersfield District of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild and Ladies' Guild (Southern District) was held at Binsted on Saturday, November 7th, when, in spite of a very stormy day and an awkward locality to reach, 22 members were present, representing Aldershot, Blackmoor, Binsted, Petersfield, Seale, Soberton, Worplesdon and two unattached. The bells were rung throughout the afternoon and later in the evening, the ringing ranging from rounds to Cambridge Surprise Minor.
The Guild's service was held in church, at which the Vicar of Binsted (the Rev. F. A. W. Wilkinson) officiated, and gave an interesting and somewhat amusing address. Tea was provided in the Parish Institute, where the party was very cordially welcomed by Mrs. L. Ogilvy, of Binsted Wyck.
After tea the business meeting of the two districts took place. In the absence of the Alton and Petersfield District's chairman (the Rev. F. G. Eyres) owing to illness, the Vicar of Binsted kindly took the chair.
The hon. secretary (Mr. C. E. Bassett) expressed his regret at the unavoidable absence of Miss H. F. Mills (ladies' secretary), also due to illness.
The next meeting of the Southern District (Ladies' Guild) was fixed for Shalford.
Mr. W. G. Lawrence (Froyle), Mr. E. Smith and Mr. J. Perris (Petersfield) were elected ringing members, and Mr. R. G. Cross (Long Sutton) an unattached member of the Winchester Guild.
The usual votes of thanks were accorded and ringing was then resumed.
The Ringing World No. 1339, November 20th, 1936, page 760