The annual meeting of the Basingstoke District [Jan. 26th] was a great success, over 60 members attending from Basingstoke, Bramley, Ellisfield, North Stoneham, Oakley, Overton, Sherfield, Sherborne St. John, Wolverton, Wootton St. Lawrence and Winchester.
Dr. Boustead gave an address at the service which was held at St. Michael’s Church.
The bells at both St. Michael’s and All Saints’ Churches were available for ringing, and good use was made of them in a variety of methods during the afternoon and evening.
An excellent tea, provided by the generosity of the Basingstoke ringers, was enjoyed in the Church Room.
At the business meeting, which was presided over by Rev. G. H. Jeudwine, R.D., the following district officers were elected: Chairman, Dr. Boustead; secretary, Rev. D. L. Board; auditor, Mr. F. Wilson; Ringing Master, Mr. C. Osler; representative on Central Committee, Mr. Chesterman.
It was decided to hold the next annual district meeting at Basingstoke on January 25th, 1930. Quarterly meetings were also arranged to be held at Sherborne St. John, Yateley and Overton.
A letter was read from the Farnham Branch secretary of the Guildford Guild, suggesting a combined meeting at Yateley and Hawley, to be arranged for a date in August. It was agreed that the invitation be accepted and left to the district secretary to arrange.
The District Secretary reported on the year’s working in the district, which showed a very satisfactory state of affairs, with 14 towers in union and a membership of 115.
The meeting closed with the usual vote of thanks.
The Ringing World No. 935, February 22nd, 1929, page 123