A quarterly meeting of the Basingstoke District of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild was held at Kingsclere on Saturday, September 26th. Ringing commenced at 2.30 p.m. on the fine old six bells at St. Mary's Church. A short service was held, the Vicar giving an address that was very much appreciated.
About 70 members sat down in the Schoolroom to a very fine tea, provided by local ladies and ringers. A short business meeting was also held. The chairman of the branch (the Rev. G. H. Jeudwine) presided, and thanks were expressed by him to the local company for the welcome given to everyone.
Visitors were present from Hereford, London, Highclere, Reading, Donnington, Compton and Newbury.
After the meeting the company visited the tower and many made a tour of inspection of this very fine old village, with its many objects of interest.
Ringing continued until eight o'clock, when the local foreman, Mr. North, called "Time," thus bringing a very enjoyable visit to a close. Methods rung during the afternoon and evening varied from rounds to London Surprise.
The Ringing World No. 1334, October 16th, 1936, page 675