When the Basingstoke district visited Overton for its summer meeting on July 12th, the local ringers showed a very fine gesture by providing tea for the company, which numbered 60.
The Rector (the Rev. E. G. Wells, M.A.) conducted the service and also presided at the business meeting. Two new members were elected and the chairman was elected an hon. member.
The date of the combined meeting with the Guildford Guild (Farnham District) was announced for August 30th (full details will be advertised), and the next quarterly meeting was fixed for September 27th at Baughurst.
Methods practised were Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Plain Bob, Kent, Double Norwich, Cambridge, Superlative and London Major. The young ringers were helped over difficulties in the higher methods. A collection for Wolverton Bells Repair Fund amounted to £3 1s.
The Ringing World No. 1895, August 1st, 1947, page 368