The annual meeting of the Basingstoke District was held at All Saints', Basingstoke, on January 29th and was attended by over 70 ringers and friends. The Guild service was taken by the Archdeacon of Basingstoke (the Ven. A. W. Chute) and the Rev. D. L. Board, of Wolverton, who gave an excellent address.
Tea was provided by the Ladies' Committee at All Saints' Church Room under Mrs. E. P. Austin and was very much enjoyed.
Officers elected were:- Chairman, the Archdeacon of Basingstoke; hon. secretary and treasurer, Mr. J. Chesterman; Ringing Master, Mr. C. Osley; representatives, Mr. H. Balaam and Mr. B. Garrett.
Meetings were arranged at Rotherwick on April 23rd, Wolverton on June 25th, and Sherborne St. John on September 24th.
It was also decided to arrange a combined practice far six-bell ringing throughout the year under the direction of the Ringing Master. Seventeen new members were elected and one compounding member.
Votes of thanks were warmly passed to the Archdeacon, the Rev D. L. Board, the organist and the ladies. Good use was made of the bells at both All Saints' and St. Michael's.
The Ringing World No. 2290, February 18, 1955, page 110