On Saturday, May 28th, a quarterly meeting of the Christchurch District was held at Fordingbridge, those present including Mr. G. Williams (Master), Mr. G. Pullinger (general secretary), Mr. Preston (district secretary), Mr. Townsend (Poole), Mr. Romaine (Salisbury), and members from Brockenhurst, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Ringwood, Fareham, North Stoneham, Poole and Salisbury. Mr. J. H. Shepherd, of Swindon, was also a very welcome visitor, and added one more to his already long list of towers.
The bells have recently been put in order by Messrs. Taylor and Co., the fifth, sixth and seventh have been recast, the others retuned and the whole rehung with ball bearings, and the work has been carried out in the usual excellent style of this firm. Fordingbridge now possesses a very musical octave with a tenor of 14 cwt.
At the business meeting, which was presided over by the Master, it was decided to hold a meeting at Milford-on-Sea in September, the date to be left to the discretion of the district secretary.
Mr. Rolls (Salisbury) was elected a compounding member, and votes of thanks passed to the Vicar and churchwardens for the use of the bells. The methods rung were Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob, Kent, Double Norwich and Cambridge Major.
The Ringing World No. 845, June 3rd, 1927, page 345