The congregation of St. John's Church, Bournemouth, have presented Mr. Frederick Frampton with a beautiful chiming clock, with a suitable inscription, in appreciation of his faithful service during 43 years at St. John's.
Mr. Frampton started in 1890 as organ blower, and continued in that capacity until 1900. At Easter, 1900, he was nominated a sidesman, which office he still holds. In 1907, after the tower and spire, had been built and the bells and chimes put in by the generous gift of two ladies, who have since been laid to rest, Mr. Frampton was asked to take charge of the bells and clock as a steeplekeeper, and to deputise for the verger in his absence. The time has now come when he must give way to a younger man. Although nearing 70, he hopes to carry on his ringing.
The Ringing World No. 1145, March 3rd, 1933, page 139