THE ISLAND BRANCH.
The quarterly meeting of the Island Branch of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild was held at All Saints’ Church, Ryde, on Saturday, October 17th. Ringers attended from Brading, Chale, Godshill, Gosport (Holy Trinity), Newport, Carisbrooke, Portsmouth Cathedral and Ryde. The visitors included Mr. C. D. Heginbothom (chairman of the Devizes Branch of the Salisbury Diocesan Guild) and Mr. J. Thomas, of Edmonton. The Guild service was conducted by the Vicar (Rev. Canon G. A. Johnstone, M.A), who based his address to the members on ‘Fellowship.’ Mr. O. E. Weare presided at the organ.
Tea was afterwards served at the Welby Institute, and at the business meeting following it was resolved to hold a combined practice meeting at Brading on Saturday, November 28th, and the annual meeting at Newport on Saturday, January 30th.
Messrs. W. Salisbury and Legg, of Brading, were elected ringing members of the Guild.
The methods rung during the afternoon and evening included Double Norwich, Kent Treble Bob and Bob Major, Stedman and Grandsire Triples.
The Ringing World No. 1075, October 30th, 1931, page 704