The following subscriptions towards the restoration work of Alresford bells have been collected by the secretaries of the Winchester District of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild: Lord Bishop of Portsmouth, 10s. 6d.; Lord Bishop of Southampton, 10s. 6d.; Sir John Shelley Rolls, Bart., 10s.; the Mayor of Winchester (Councillor J. O. Hodder), 5s.; the Rev. Canon G. T. Andrewes, 2s. 6d.; Col. W. E. Briggs, 5s.; Mr. F. S. Bayley, 2s. 6d.; Twyford ringers, 14s.; Wonstan Church Council, 5s.; Mr. W. Linter, 2s. 6d.; Mr. R. C. H. Connolly, 2s. 6d.; Mrs. Robson, 2s. 6d.; the Rev. Canon Goodman, 2s. 6d.; Hursley ringers, 8s.; Barton Stacey Church Council, 5s.; Barton Stacey ringers, 5s.; Mrs. Moody, 2s. 6d.; Stockbridge ringers, 7s. 6d.; the Misses Lock, 2s. 6d.; G. and Miss Noice, 2s. 6d.; Anonymous, 2s. 6d.; Mrs. Gunner, 2s. 6d.; the Rev. H. W. C. Geldart, 2s. 6d.; Mr. G. Pullinger, 5s.; Major T. E. Baring, 10s.; Major A. N. Lovell, 2s. 6d.; Messrs. Jacob and Johnson, 5s.; Anonymous, 3s.; Miss Sclater, 2s. 6d.; Mrs. Barrow Simonds, 5s.; Mr. H. J. Salwey, 2s. 6d.; Mr. R. Paine, 2s. 6d.; total £7 16s. Further contributions would be gratefully acknowledged by the district secretaries, G. and Miss Noice, 6, Cathedral View, Winchester.
The Ringing World No. 1288, November 29th, 1935, page 765
On Sunday, October 25th, New Alresford bells, which have been rehung in a new iron frame by Messrs. Taylor and Co., Loughborough, the treble having been recast, were reopened. The treble was re-dedicated by the Rector, the Rev. A. J. Robertson, at the close of the morning service. A few rounds were rung by the local band after the dedication, and call changes at the close of the service.
On Sunday, November 15th, a special thanksgiving service will be held at 11 a.m., when the Bishop of Winchester will preach. The bells will be available from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 5.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
The Ringing World No. 1337, November 6th, 1936, page 726