A quarterly meeting was held at Wickham on February 13th, when members and friends, numbering nearly 30 were present from Alverstoke, Bishop’s Waltham, Curdridge, Gosport, Hambledon, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (St. Mary’s and St. Thomas’), Ringwood, Shedfield, Swanmore, and Wickham; also the Master (Mr. G. Williams) and the general secretary, Mr. G. Pullinger. Five full members and two probationers were elected, viz., Messrs. J. Hooker (Hambledon), R. Thorne (Havant), W. Greenwood (Portsea), A. Apps (Bishop’s Waltham) and F. W. Burnett (Portsmouth), W. Poole (Hambledon) and S. Rogers (Bishop’s Waltham). It was decided to hold the next meeting at West Meon on May 15th next, due notice of which will appear in ‘The Ringing World.’
Mr. R. J. Stone gave a short report on the course of instruction he had concluded at Havant, and Mr. F. A. Burnett reported on his tuition at Hambledon.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Rector of Wickham and the Vicar of Swanmore for kindly placing the bells at the disposal of the members, after which the ringers returned to the towers for further ringing.
During the day, the ringing included Grandsire, Stedman and Erin Doubles, Bob, College Single, Canterbury Pleasure, Grandsire, Oxford and Kent Treble Bob, Double Court and Cambridge Surprise Minor.
The Ringing World No. 782, March 12th, 1926, page 172