A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District of the Diocesan Guild was held at Havant on Saturday, April 27th, and over 40 members were present from Alverstoke, Bramshott, Havant, Hambledon, Petersfield, Portsmouth (St. Thomas’ and St. Mary’s), Shedfield, Swanmore, and Titchfield, with visitors from King’s Somborne, Rogate, and Ryde.
By permission of the Rector (the Ven. H. N. Rodgers), the bells were available during the afternoon and evening. The Guild’s service was held in the church, at which the Rector officiated and preached. A tea which he kindly provided was partaken of in the Parish Hall, after which the business meeting was held, the Archdeacon being unanimously voted to the chair. It was decided, subject to consent, to hold the next meeting at Bramshott on Saturday, July 27th.
At the close of the meeting a vote of thanks was accorded to the Rector for the use of the bells and for providing the tea, and to the lady who had presided at the organ during the service.
After the meeting the members paid a further visit to the tower until 7.30 p.m. During the afternoon and evening the methods rung included Grandsire Doubles and Triples, Stedman Triples, Plain Bob, Double Norwich, and Cambridge Surprise Major, also Grandsire Caters, and Stedman Triples on handbells.
The Ringing World No. 947, May 17th, 1929, page 315