A very successful meeting was held at Hambledon (the birthplace of cricket) on Saturday week [April 26th], the glorious weather attracting nearly 40 ringers during the afternoon and evening from Bramshott, East Meon, Petersfield, Portsmouth (St. Mary’s), Hambledon, Shedfield, Swanmore, Titchfield and visitors from Ryde and Beaconsfield (Bucks). By kind permission of the Vicar, the peal of six were available for ringing, and at the service, conducted by the Rev. E. B. Maynard, in the unavoidable absence of the Vicar, owing to ill-health, the Guild’s new form was used.
Tea at the New Inn was followed by the business meeting, at which the Rev. E. B. Maynard presided. Three new members from Hambledon and two from Titchfield were elected.
It was decided to hold the next meeting at East Meon on Saturday, July 19th, and a meeting for combined practice at Curdridge on Saturday, May 31st, due notice of which will appear in ‘The Ringing World.’
Votes of thanks were accorded the Rev. E. B. Maynard for his kindness in being present, and also to the lady who presided at the organ. This concluded the meeting, after which a further visit was paid to the tower, where touches were rung, comprising Grandsire and Stedman Doubles, Plain Bob and Treble Bob Minor and Cambridge Surprise.
The Ringing World No. 998, May 9th, 1930, page 300