The annual meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Fareham on Saturday, January 23rd, when members and friends attended from Alverstoke, Bishopstoke, Bishop’s Waltham, Fareham, Farnborough, Gosport, Hedge End, King’s Somborne, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary’s), Swanmore, Titchfield, Twyford, Winchester and Wickham. The Guild’s service was held in the Parish Hall, at which the Vicar, Rev. A. Cory, officiated and preached. Tea, served at Johnson’s Cafe, was followed by the business meeting.
The report and balance sheet for the year were read and adopted, and all the officers re-elected for the ensuing year.
Eight new members were elected, viz., Miss Huxford and Miss Vance (Cathedral), F. Gulson and F. Penning (Swanmore), G. Passingham, A. Coglin (Fareham), G. Bartlett (St. Mary’s), and R. Sponge (unattached). It was decided to hold the next meeting at Havant on April 23rd.
After a lengthy discussion on the transference of some tower to strengthen the Alton District, a by-meeting was arranged for May 21st at Petersfield.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar for the use of the bells, also to the organists. The methods rung during the afternoon and evening ranged from Grandsire to Pudsey Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1089, February 5th, 1932, page 89