A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Wickham on Saturday [Oct. 22nd], when members attended from Bishop’s Waltham, Curdridge, Fareham, Gosport, Overton, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary’s), Petersfield, Swanmore, Titchfield and Wickham. The Guild’s service was held in the Parish Church, at which the Rector (the Rev. E. H. Duke) officiated, followed by tea and the business meeting, at which the Rector was voted to the chair.- The members stood in silence as a mark of respect to the late Mrs. F. A. Burnett, Mr. E. Woods and Mr. G. H. Child, J.P.
The Vicar of Shedfield (the Rev. F. W. Martin) was elected an honorary member subject to his consent, and five new members were elected from Holy Trinity, Gosport.
It was decided to hold the annual district meeting at St. Mary’s, Portsea, subject to the bells being ready for ringing after restoration, the date not to be later than the first Saturday in February.
The general secretary (Mr. F. W. Rogers) brought to the notice of the members the new Ringers’ Handbook (by E. S. and M. Powell), a specimen of which was handed round.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Rector for the use of the bells and officiating at service and meeting, also to the organist and choir boys.
The ringing during the day consisted of Grandsire and Stedman Doubles, Grandsire, Bob and Kent Treble Bob Minor and Cambridge
The Ringing World No. 1127, October 28th, 1932, page 712