A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at East Meon on Saturday last, when, by kind permission of the Vicar (Rev. C. H. Mylne), the peal of eight bells at All Saints' were available to the members. A beautiful afternoon attracted nearly 40 ringers from Alverstoke, Fareham, Gosport, Portsmouth (Cathedral and Mary's), Petersfield, Steep, Swanmore, Wickham, and visitors from Southampton, Ryde, Blackmoor, Alton and Frome. Ringing commenced about 3 p.m., and continued until 5 o'clock, when tea was partaken of at the George Hotel.
The business meeting was held afterwards, the Master (Mr. G. Williams) being in the chair, supported by the general secretary (Mr. F. W. Rogers) and district secretary (Mr. A. T. Greenwood). The Vicar of East Meon was elected an honorary member, and several new members were elected from Fareham, Petersfield and the Cathedral.
It was decided to hold the next meeting at Alverstoke on Saturday, October 21st, and a by-meeting at Catherington on Friday, August 18th.
It was announced by the general secretary that under the scheme for the re-formation of the districts, which was approved at the annual meeting at Winchester, East Meon would be one of the towers to be placed in the new "Alton and Petersfield District," which will operate as from January 1st, 1934.
This met with the unanimous approval of the members present on Saturday.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar of East Meon and the Rector of West Meon for the use of their bells, after which the Guild service was held in the church, at which the Vicar addressed those present. Further ringing took place in the evening at both towers, which included Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob Major, Double Norwich, Cambridge and London Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1166, July 28th, 1933, page 470