A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Soberton on Saturday, April 21st, when members attended from Alton, Alverstoke, Bishopstoke, Bishop's Waltham, Fareham, Hambledon, North Stoneham, Petersfield, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Soberton, Swanmore and Wickham. The Guild's service was held in the Parish Church, at which the Vicar (the Rev. J. Godefray) officiated. After tea in the Parish Hall the business meeting was held, the Vicar who occupied the chair, being elected an honorary member of the Guild. A. Steele (Bishop's Waltham) was elected a ringing member.
It was decided to hold the next meeting at Titchfield on July 21st.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar for officiating at the service, also for the use of the bells and Parish Hall. Members afterwards returned to the tower for further ringing, which consisted of rounds and methods up to Cambridge Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1209, May 25th, 1935, page 326