Nine members of the Curdridge band were elected members of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild at the quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District at Curdridge on October 20th. Members attended from Alverstoke, Bishopstoke, Bishop's Waltham, Curdridge, Fareham, Havant, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St Mary's), Swanmore, Soberton and Mr. J. Thomas (Edmonton).
The Guild's service was held in the Parish Church, at which the Rev. A. H. Starey officiated. Tea was served in the Reading Room, and the Vicar presided at the business meeting. The next quarterly meeting was fixed for Havant on April 27th.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar of Curdridge for officiating at the service, also to the organist, Mrs. Stone for catering, and the local ringers. The Vicar suitably responded.
After the meeting the members returned to the tower for further ringing, which consisted of rounds, Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob and Double Norwich Court Bob Major, Cambridge, Superlative and London Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1231, October 26th, 1934, page 678