A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Bishop's Waltham on Saturday, when members and friends attended from Alverstoke, Bishopstoke, Bishop's Waltham, Curdridge, Fareham, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (St. Mary's), Swanmore, Southampton, Soberton and Wickham. By kind permission of the Rector (the Rev. N. H. Stubbs), the bells were available to the members during the afternoon. The Guild's service was held, after which the members adjourned to the Rectory garden, where an excellent tea was served.
The Rector was voted to the chair for the business meeting, when the Rev. E. L. Thornton (Rector of Wickham) was elected an honorary member. Messrs. R. Davies, J. Sutton and W. H. Spenser were elected ringing members from Curdridge.
It was proposed to hold the next quarterly meeting at Hambledon on Saturday, October 19th. Votes of thanks were accorded the Rector for the use of the bells, for his kindness to the members in allowing the use of his garden, also to his wife and the ladies who catered for tea.- The Rector suitably responded.
The members then returned to the tower for further ringing, which consisted of rounds, Grandsire and Stedman Doubles, Bob Minor, Kent and Oxford Treble Bob Minor, Cambridge and London Surprise Minor.
The Ringing World No. 1271, August 2nd, 1935, page 497