A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Catherington on Saturday, October 19th, when members were present from Catherington, Fareham, Havant, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Swanmore, Soberton, Titchfield and Wickham.
The Guild's form of service was used, the Vicar (the Rev. B. P. Sheppard) officiating. An excellent tea was served, after which the business meeting was held. The Vicar, who was voted to the chair, was elected an honorary member of the Guild, and Messrs. G. T. Rogers (Cathedral), F. Besant (Catherington) and H. George (Havant) were elected ringing members.
Curdridge was selected for the next quarterly meeting, the date to be April 18th, 1936.
It was proposed by Mr. F. W. Rogers (general secretary), seconded by Mr. E. Warner, that a donation of £2 2s. be made towards the cost of the restoration of Catherington bells.- This was carried with unanimous approval.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar for the use of the bells and for officiating at the service and business meeting.
The Vicar suitably responded, after which the members returned to the tower for further ringing, which consisted of rounds, Grandsire and Stedman Doubles, Bob and Kent Treble Bob Minor and Cambridge Surprise Minor.
The Ringing World No. 1284, November 1st, 1935, page 698