The annual meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Fareham on Saturday, January 16th, when members attended from Alverstoke, Bishopstoke, Bishop's Waltham, Curdridge, Fareham, Gosport, Hambledon, Netley, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Southampton, Soberton, Swanmore, Titchfield, Twyford, Winchester and Wickham.
The Guild service was held in the Parish Church, the Vicar (the Rev. A. Cory) officiating and giving an address.
Tea was served in the Church Hall, after which the business meeting was held, the Master of the Guild, Mr. G. Williams, being voted to the chair in the absence of the Vicar. The report and balance sheet were read and adopted. The sum of £5 5s. was voted from the district funds towards the cost of restoring Soberton bells, subject to the order being placed with the bellfounder.
All the officers were re-elected for the ensuing year. Mrs. F. W. Eager and Mrs. M. Stansfield were elected honorary members of the Guild, and ringing members were elected from Fareham and Alverstoke.
The Cathedral, Portsmouth, was selected for the next annual meeting, to be held on Saturday, January 15th, 1938.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar for the use of the bells, for officiating at the service and for granting the use of the Church Hall for tea.
The members afterwards returned to the tower for further ringing, which ranged from Grandsire Triples to Cambridge Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1349, January 29th, 1937, page 69