A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Curdridge on Saturday, July 24th, members attending from Alverstoke, Bishop's Waltham, Curdridge, North Stoneham, Hedge End, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Swanmore and Wickham.
The Guild service was conducted by the Vicar of Curdridge (the Rev. A. H. Starey). An excellent tea was served in the Reading Room, after which the Master of the association (Mr. G. Williams) presided over the business meeting in the absence of the Vicar.
Messrs. E. F. Hancock and R. Burnett, of the Cathedral and St. Mary's, Portsmouth, respectively, were elected members of the Guild. The election of Mr. E. J. Charman, prior to a peal attempt, was also confirmed.
Bishop's Waltham and Hambledon were both proposed for the next meeting, the former being selected, the date to be October 16th.
The Chairman proposed a vote of thanks to the Vicar for the use of the bells and for officiating at the service. Votes of thanks were also accorded to the organist (Mr. H. V. Harris) and the lady who provided the excellent tea.
The sum of 12s. 6d. was collected for the Soberton Bell Fund, and the members returned to the tower for further ringing, which ranged from Grandsire and Stedman Triples to London and Bristol Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1376, August 6th, 1937, page 521