A quarterly meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at Bishop's Waltham on Saturday, October 16th, when members attended from Alresford, Bishop's Waltham, Bishopstoke, Curdridge, Coleman's Hatch, Fareham, Gosport, Liss, North Stoneham, Petersfield, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Southampton, Soberton, Swanmore, Winchester and Wickham. The recently augmented peal was well in demand during the afternoon. The Guild service was conducted by the Vicar (the Rev. N. H. Stubbs). Tea was served in the Church Hall, after which the business meeting was presided over by the district chairman (the Rev. E. B. James).
Mr. W. H. Heyhoe (Wickham) was elected a ringing member of the Guild, and Havant was selected for the next quarterly meeting, to be held in April, 1938.
The Vicar thanked the members of the Guild for their generosity and kind donations towards the cost of the two new bells recently added to the ring of six.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Vicar for the use of the bells, Church Hall and officiating at the service. Thanks were also extended the organist and the ladies who kindly catered for tea. The members afterwards returned to the tower for further ringing.
The Ringing World No. 1388, October 29th, 1937, page 717