The annual meeting of the Portsmouth District was held at the Cathedral, Portsmouth, on Saturday, January 15th, members attending from Curdridge, Fareham, Gosport, North Stoneham, Portsmouth (Cathedral and St. Mary's), Ryde, Southampton and Wickham. The Guild service was held in the Cathedral, at which the Provost (Canon T. H. Masters) officiated, and gave an address.
Tea was served in the Green Row Rooms, after which the business meeting was presided over by the Rev. J. A. Rutherford, in the absence of the Provost.
The report and balance sheet for the past year were adopted, and all the officers re-elected en bloc. Messrs. H. G. Cooper, G. A. Park, P. W. Hallett, E. F. Dollimore (Cathedral), and A. G. Tull and C. B. Tull, of Fareham, were elected ringing members of the Guild. The election of Commander J. Bird as a life member was confirmed.
St. Mary's, Portsea, was selected for the next annual meeting, to be held on Saturday, January 21st, 1939.
The sum of £2 5s. was granted towards the Cathedral Appeal Fund.
Votes of thanks were accorded the Provost for the use of the bells and officiating at the service, also to the organist and caterers.
The members returned to the tower for further ringing, which ranged from rounds to Bristol Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1401, January 28th, 1938, page 62