The annual district meeting was held at Alverstoke on January 21st, when over 40 people attended, including Mr. George Pullinger (Master of the Guild), Mr. N. Andrews (Andover District), Mr. C. H. Kippin and Miss N. Leahy (Southampton District), and Mrs. Guy (secretary, Isle of Wight District).
The service was conducted by the Rector (Canon Windsor-Roberts), after which tea was served at St. Faith's Institute.
The district chairman (Mr. W. Linter) presided at the business meeting. The secretary's report contained an appeal to the members for early payment of annual subscriptions, and also to send names for tea by the date on meeting cards.
All retiring officers were re-elected, details being: Chairman, Mr. W. Linter; secretary, Mr. John H. Hunt; auditor, Mr. F. W. Burnett; representatives on Central Committee, Mr. L. P. Cook and Mr. Tom Page.
Ratifications were approved of four new compounding members (Mr. R. Crook, of Yattendon, and Miss Pamela Collis, Mr. Herbert Colcombe, Mr. James A. Brent, all of Hersham, Surrey).
The, secretary's three-year rota, whereby all towers in the district would get a visit during the period, the country places in the summer and the towns in the winter, was adopted unanimously.
A vote of thanks to the Rector, Mr. Nobes, the lady helper and to the district secretary for his year's work was moved by the chairman.
The types of ringing during the day ranged from rounds to Spliced Surprise Major in four and six methods.
The Ringing World No. 2026, February 3rd, 1950, page 76