Thirty-six members and friends attended the annual meeting of the Portsmouth District at St. Mary's, Portsea, on January 19th, the company including the Guild Master (Mr. G. Pullinger).
The service was conducted by the Vicar (Canon W. J. Smith), which was followed by tea and the business meeting in St. Mary's Institute.
The retiring officers re-elected were:- Chairman, Mr. W. Linter; hon. secretary, Mr. J. H. Hunt; auditor, Mr. F. W. Burnett. A ballot for Central Committee members resulted in the election of Mr. S. J. Harding. New members elected were:- Honorary, Miss E. M. B. Wharton (Horndean); compounding, Miss Stella M. Wickens (Twineham, Sussex); ringing, Mr R. J. W. Jurd (Alverstoke).
A notification had been received from Shedfield that it would be more convenient to hold the May meeting there. This was agreed to.
J. H. H.
The Ringing World No. 2132, February 8th, 1952, page 93