A quarterly meeting of the Southampton District of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild was held at Eling, on Saturday, April 14th. The peal of six were kept going to Grandsire and Stedman Doubles, Bob and Kent Minor. Tea was partaken of at the Anchor Inn, Mr. Geo. Williams (Master) being in the chair, supported by the Vicar of Eling (Rev. T. Thistle), Mr. Geo. Pullinger (general secretary), and members from North Stoneham, Netley, Dibden, Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst, Romsey, Alton, King’s Somborne, Reading, and the local band.
At the business meeting after tea, six members of the local band were elected members of the Guild, after which a resolution was passed asking Mr. Williams to support the question of diplomas for young ringers at the next meeting of the Central Council.
A vote of thanks was passed to the Vicar of Eling for the use of the bells, and to the Master for presiding.
The next meeting will be held at Romsey Abbey on Saturday, July 14th, notice of which will be given in ‘The Ringing World.’
The Ringing World No. 893, May 4th, 1928, page 281