A quarterly meeting of the Southampton District was held at Romsey on Saturday, July 14th. The Abbey bells were available during the afternoon and evening, touches of Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob Major and Cambridge Surprise being rung. Tea was partaken of at the Church Hall, after service in the Abbey, at which the address was given by the Vicar of Romsey (the Rev. W. B. Corban). A short meeting was held with the Vicar in the chair, supported by the Rev. Canon Braithwaite (vice-president), Mr. Geo. Williams (Master), Mr. Geo. Pullinger (general hon. secretary), Mr. F. W. Rogers (Portsmouth district sec.) and members from North Stoneham, Eling, Ringwood, Winchester, Dibden, Southampton, Portsmouth, Portsea, King’s Somborne, Netley, Fareham, Guildford Cathedral and Romsey.
Mr. H. Dunn, of Romsey, was elected a member of the Guild.
Mr. Williams proposed a vote of thanks to the Vicar for the use of the bells and address, and also for presiding. Thanks were also expressed to Canon Braithwaite for his presence at the meeting.
The next meeting is fixed for North Stoneham on Saturday, October 13th, notice of which will be given in ‘The Ringing World.’
The Ringing World No. 905, July 27th, 1928, page 474