A quarterly meeting of the Southampton District was held at North Stoneham on Saturday, October 13th. The bells were made good use of during the afternoon and evening, the Guild form of service being conducted by the Rector of Dibden (Rev. G. Tritton), who also gave a short address. Mr. D. C. Williams F.R.C.O., presided at the organ.
Tea and a short business meeting were held at the Parish Hall, the Rector of Dibden being in the chair, supported by the Rector of North Stoneham (Rev. T. Salmon), Rev. T. Jones, curate, and Mr. G. Williams (vice-president), the Rev. Thomas (curate of Romsey).- Miss D. Snell, Miss R. Cecil Williams, and Mr. F. Pitman (St. Mary’s, Southampton), were elected members of the Guild.- It was decided to hold a combined practice at Netley on Saturday, November 3rd.
The towers represented were Dibden, Eling, Curdridge, Fareham, Hursley, Portsea, Netley, King’s Somborne, Romsey, Shedfield and North Stoneham.
A course of Grandsire Caters was rung on handbells, Mrs. G. Williams taking part as 1-2, and was followed by a course of Stedman Triples.
Thanks were passed to the Rector of North Stoneham for the use of the bells, and the welcome he gave to the members.
Further ringing took place on the tower bells, which included rounds, Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob, Double Norwich and London Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 918, October 26th, 1928, page 677