The annual meeting of the Southampton District was held at Southampton on Saturday last [Jan. 12th]. The bells of St, Mary’s and St. Michael’s Churches were available, and various touches were brought round. Service was conducted in St. Michael’s Church by the Vicar (Rev. A. R. Spread). Tea and the business meeting was held in St. Michael’s Hall, the Rector of Dibden being in the chair, supported by Mr. Geo. Williams (Ringing Master and vice-president), Mr. Geo. Pullinger (general secretary), Mr. F. H. Rogers (Portsmouth District secretary), and members from Dibden, Eling, Romsey, King’s Somborne, Woolton Hill, Ringwood, Titchfield, Portsmouth, North Stoneham, Brockenhurst, Winchester and Southampton.
All the officers were re-elected, viz.: Chairman, Rev. G. T. Tritton; Ringing Master, Mr. Geo. Williams; district secretary, Mr. W. T. Tucker; auditor, Mr. F. W. Summerfield; Central Committee, Mr. J. W. Faithful.
It was decided to hold the next annual meeting at St. Mary’s, Southampton, on Saturday, January 18th, 1930, and quarterly meetings at Lockerby in April, Dibden in July, Upham in October, on the second Saturday in each case.
Apologies for absence were received from Canon Braithwaite, Rev. N. C. Woods, and the Rev. R. B. Jolly (Rector of St. Mary’s, Southampton). Votes of thanks were accorded the Rector of St. Mary’s and the Vicar of St. Michael’s for the use of the bells, and to the chairman for presiding.
The Ringing World No. 930, January 18th, 1929, page 42