A quarterly meeting of the Southampton District of the Winchester and Portsmouth Diocesan Guild was held at Dibden on Saturday, July 27th. During the afternoon the bells were kept going to Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob and Kent Treble Bob Major. Tea and business meeting were held in the Old School, presided over by the Rector of Dibden, the district chairman, supported by Mr. Geo. Williams (vice-president), Mr. G. Pullinger (general secretary), and Messrs. J. W. Faithful and W. Andrews.
Four new members were elected from Dibden, and one from Romsey. The election of Capt. W. Linter, of the Church Army, St. David’s, Exeter, was ratified as a compounding member.
Mr. Pullinger proposed a vote of thanks to the Rector, Rev. G. T. Tritton, for the use of the bells and also for presiding.
The towers represented were Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst, Eling, Romsey, North Stoneham, St. Mary’s, Southampton, Ringwood, Exeter, King’s Somborne, Winchester and Dibden. The next meeting will be held at Upham on October 12th.
The Ringing World No. 958, August 2nd, 1929, page 490