A meeting of the Southampton District was held at Bishopstoke on Saturday, July 26th. The bells were available during the afternoon and evening, and tea and the business meeting were held at the Anchor Inn, presided over by Mr. Geo. Williams, vice-president and Ringing Master, supported by Mr. F. W. Rogers, Mr. G. Pullinger, Mr. F. T. Bayley, and Capt. W. Linter. Others present were from North Stoneham, King’s Somborne, Portsmouth, Overton, Swanmore, Titchfield, Portsea, Bath and Bishopstoke. It was decided to hold the next meeting at Netley Abbey on Saturday, October 4th.
A vote of thanks was passed to a friend for kindly defraying the cost of tea, and to the Rector of Bishopstoke (who was unable to be present) for the use of bells. The methods rung were Grandsire and Stedman Triples, Bob, Kent Treble Bob, Cambridge, Superlative and London Surprise Major.
The Ringing World No. 1011, August 8th, 1930, page 507