A meeting of the Southampton District was held at East Tytherley on Saturday, April 18th, when the fine peal of eight by Taylor and Co. were kept going during the afternoon. Tea and the business meeting were held at the Star Inn. Rev. G. T. Tritton, Rector of Dibden, presided, supported by Mr. G. Williams, vice-president, Mr. F. W. Rogers, general secretary, and Rev. Thomas (Romsey Abbey). Messrs. G. Cooper and A. Cerriman, Bishopstoke, were elected members of the Guild, and it was decided to hold a combined practice at St. Michael’s, Southampton, on May 19th, at 6.30 p.m.
Votes of thanks were accorded to the Vicars of East Tytherley and Lockerley for the use of the bells.
Towers represented at the meeting were Bishopstoke, Dibden, Romsey, Stockbridge, Titchfield, Portsea, North Stoneham, Winchester and Tytherley.
The next meeting will be held at Dibden on Saturday, July 18th, notice of which will be given in ‘The Ringing World.’
The Ringing World No. 1049, May 1st, 1931, page 279