On Saturday, July 16th, a quarterly meeting of the Southampton District was held at Eling. Service was held in St. Mary’s Church, conducted by the Vicar (Rev. T. Thistle). Tea and business meeting were held in the Lexby Club Room, presided over by the Rector of Dibden.
Two ringers from Dibden were elected members of the Guild.
Those present included the Vicar of Eling, Mr. E. E. Yeoman (churchwarden), Mr. G. Williams (vice-president) and Mrs. Williams, Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Pullinger and members from Bishopstoke, Brockenhurst, Dibden, North Stoneham, Southampton and Eling.
A vote of thanks was passed to the Vicar for the use of the bells and the interesting address at the service. The methods rung were Grandsire and Bob Doubles, Bob and Kent Treble Bob Minor.
The next meeting will be held at Romsey on October 15th, notice of which will be given in ‘The Ringing World.’
The Ringing World No. 1114, July 29th, 1932, page 504