A quarterly meeting of the Southampton District was held at Lockerley on Saturday, when about 40 members attended from Bishopstoke, Dibden, Lockerley, King's Somborne, Mottisfont, North Stoneham, Farnborough, Southampton and Winchester. Service was held in the Parish Church at 4 p.m., a very pleasing feature being the number of parishioners who attended.
At the business meeting which followed the tea, the band at Mottisfont joined the Guild.
Mr. G. Williams (Ringing Master) congratulated the Lockerley band on the good progress that they had made in the art of change ringing.
It was reported that the Church Council at Broughton were appealing for funds to put their ring of five into order, and, if possible, to add a treble to make a ring of six.
During the afternoon and evening ringing took place in a variety of methods upon the bells at Lockerley, East Tytherley and Mottisfont.
The next meeting is to be held at Dibden on July 14th.
The Ringing World No. 1204, April 20th, 1934, page 251