A quarterly meeting of the above district was held at King’s Somborne on April 21st. The attendance was above the average. Ringers from Winchester, Hursley, Portsmouth, Stoneham, Micheldever, Overton, Stockbridge, and Romsey were present, and ringing took place during the day at King’s Somborne, Stockbridge, Broughton and Longstock.
Service was held in the village church, conducted by the Rev. G. E. H. Theophilus, M.A. (life member). An address was given by Canon Braithwaite on the subject of ‘Unity.’
After service, about 60 sat down to tea in the Village Hall. Speeches of welcome and thanks were made, and the ordinary business meeting followed, with Mr. George Williams (Master of the Guild) in the chair, supported by the clergy and Mr. C. A. Smith (district secretary). Mr. Andrews reported on the Overton and Micheldever towers, where he is giving instruction.
The Chairman urged the necessity of getting members of unaffiliated towers to join where the whole band is unwilling. No fewer than 25 new members were proposed and accepted.
The Chairman then referred to the subject of diplomas for young ringers.- The Vicar of Stockbridge proposed that the district should support the idea. This was seconded by Mr. Hillay and carried.
This concluded the business, and members left for different towers, where ringing was continued and various touches brought round.
The Ringing World No. 895, May 18th, 1928, page 316