The annual meeting of the Winchester District took place at Winchester on January 19th, over fifty members attending from neighbouring towers, including North Stoneham, Woolton Hill, King’s Somborne, Highclere, Winchester, Twyford, Stockbridge, Micheldever, Portsmouth, Hursley and Eling.
Ringing took place at the Cathedral and also at St. Maurice’s Church, where service was conducted by the Rev. Watson, who gave a splendid address.
After the service, the members adjourned to Messrs. Dumpers’ Restaurant, where an ample tea awaited them, the Rev. Watson and Rev. Theophilus, of King’s Somborne, joining the company.
The business meeting followed, with the Vicar of St. Maurice’s in the chair. All the officers were re-elected, dates and places for the quarterly meetings were fixed, and votes of thanks were passed to the Dean and Chapter for the use of the Cathedral bells, also to the Rev. Watson for the use of St. Maurice’s bells. After this an adjournment was made to the towers, where further ringing took place.
The Ringing World No. 932, February 1st, 1929, page 74