A quarterly meeting of the Winchester District was held at Twyford on Saturday, April 20th. Ringing on the light peal of eight bells and service conducted by the Rev. Morris (Vicar), who gave a short address, was followed by tea, prepared in the Village Hall, to which 30 sat down. Ringers were present from Winchester, Twyford, Micheldever, King’s Somborne, Hursley, North Stoneham, West End and Ringwood. At the business meeting which followed, the Vicar was voted to the chair. Several new members were elected, including the Vicar of Twyford as an hon. member.
A vote of thanks was given to the Vicar for the use of the bells and for his splendid address.- In reply, he gave the Guild a hearty welcome, and was very pleased to see so many visitors.
After the meeting, a party journeyed to Owslebury Church, where there is a ring of six. Others continued ringing at Twyford till eight o’clock.
The Ringing World No. 944, April 26th, 1929, page 267