A meeting of the Winchester District took place at Alresford on Saturday [May 3rd]. Ringing commenced on the ring of eight bells at 3 o’clock and was followed by a service in the church, conducted by the Vicar.
Tea was prepared at the Swan Hotel, to which, however, 14 only sat down. Members present were from Winchester, Bishop’s Sutton, Titchfield, Overton, Micheldever, King’s Somborne and Alresford.
After the business meeting, the members paid a visit to Old Alresford Church, where there is a pretty ring of six, which were utilised for an hour, and a move was then made to Bishop’s Sutton, where there is a ring of five bells. This brought to a close a very enjoyable afternoon and evening.
The Ringing World No. 998, May 9th, 1930, page 300