The annual meeting of the Winchester District was held at St. Maurice's Hall, Winchester, on February 1st.
The chairman (Rev. C. E. C. Brinkworth) welcomed the members and friends from neighbouring Districts. He referred to the loss during the year of four members who had been called to higher service.
The secretary (Mr. R. F. Brewer) in his report thanked members for their support during the year, and regretted that owing to unforeseen circumstances he had to resign the secretaryship as he was now residing in another district.
The committee members were thanked for their services, and the election of officers then took place. The committee are as follows: Chairman, Rev. C. E. C. Brinkworth; secretary, Mr. P. Nash; assistant secretary, Mr. P. Dickinson; treasurer, Mr. F. C. Mouland; Ringing Master, Mr. R. Smith.
Eight new ringing members were elected from Preston Candover, Winchester Cathedral, Winchester College, Nether Wallop and Kingsworthy.
After some discussion it was proposed to hold both the outing and the dinner again this year. An ample tea followed the meeting, and members then attended Evensong in the Cathedral. After the service good use was made of the Cathedral bells, ringing consisting of Grandsire Triples and Caters, and rounds on the 12.
The Ringing World No. 2451, March 21, 1958, page 194