The annual meeting of the Winchester District was held at Winchester on February 7th. Although the attendance was small it was representative of the District.
The chairman welcomed the members and friends, and asked the meeting to remember three friends who had been called to higher service during the year, namely Mrs. Sanders, Mr. E. Long and Mr. A. Bulpitt.
The secretary and treasurer gave their reports on the year's work, and these were adopted by the meeting. The officers were re-elected en bloc and eight new ringing members were also elected.
It was proposed to hold quarterly meetings as follows: April 11th, Preston Candover; July 11th, Cheriton; and October 3rd at New Alresford. Practice meetings would be arranged at the quarterly meetings. It was also agreed to hold the outing and dinner as in previous years.
Tea was served in St. Maurice's Hall, and afterwards the members attended Evensong at the Cathedral. After the service the 12 bells of the Cathedral were available for one hour.
The Ringing World No. 2501, March 6, 1959, page 158