A quarterly meeting of the Yorktown district was held at Horsell on Saturday week [June 12th], when members attended from Bagshot, Chertsey, Pirbright, Yorktown, and the local band, while Mr. E. Raddon (hon. secretary of the Guildford district) was also present. Ringing was carried on until 4.45, when the members adjourned to the Institute for tea, which was given by the Rev. Canon Norman Pares, Vicar of Horsell, who occupied the chair for the business meeting, at which eight new members were elected.
A hearty vote of thanks was accorded to Canon Norman Pares for kindly providing the tea and for the use of the bells.
The members then attended the Guild’s service. With the help of the organist and young ladies’ choir, the service was of a very pleasant character. Ringing was afterwards indulged in until 8 p.m.
The Ringing World No. 796, June 25th, 1926, page 391